Truck Accident Lawyers in Lakeland
Injured in a Tractor-Trailer Accident? Call Dismuke Law!
Tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, tanker trucks, big rigs, garbage trucks, dump trucks – these vehicles are immense, some weighing up to 80,000 pounds or even more with oversize vehicle permits. When they are involved in traffic accidents with cars or light trucks, the smaller vehicles almost always sustain more damage. The results are even more devastating if motorcyclists, pedestrians, or cyclists are involved. A large truck can literally crush another vehicle and its occupants, causing catastrophic or fatal injuries.
If you were involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer or any large truck, do not let a greedy insurance provider or trucking company undervalue your claim or deny you compensation. Work with a Lakeland truck accident lawyer at Dismuke Law and pursue the full financial compensation to which you are entitled.
Accident Reconstruction to Identify the Cause of Your Truck Accident
To recover economic and non-economic damages through a third-party truck accident insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, you must prove fault (legal responsibility). Our Lakeland truck accident attorneys often work with investigators and accident reconstruction specialists to determine the cause of a collision and then build a clear, compelling demonstration of this that can hold up in negotiations or in court.
In our experience, truck accidents may be caused by:
- Overloaded trucks
- Improperly balanced cargo
- Unsecure truck cargo
- Defective truck parts
- Poorly maintained tractor-trailers
- Fatigued truck drivers
- Distracted truck operators
- Drunk driving
- Dangerous roadways
About Trucking Industry Regulations and Requirements
Truckers are required to follow legal regulations that are in place to increase safety throughout the industry. Most trucking industry regulations are established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a division of the United States Department of Transportation. Trucking industry regulations aim to combat common causes of truck crashes, such as truck driver fatigue and overweight cargo.
Some trucking regulations include:
- Hours of service regulations — Hours of service regulations are rules that place limits on the time a truck driver can spend on the road each day. Truck drivers can only drive for a maximum of 11 hours per day, after 10 consecutive hours off duty. They are prohibited from driving any time after they have been on duty for 14 hours. Drivers must take periodic rest periods during their time on duty. Note: Hours of service regulations are suspended as of March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Weight limits — Weight limits for commercial trucks differ between states. In Florida, the weight limits vary depending on other specifications of a vehicle. The regulations are established by Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- Black boxes — Black boxes are a device that is required to be installed in commercial trucks. Also known as electronic control modules, black boxes collect data on every aspect of a truck’s operations. Information on speed, acceleration, braking, steering wheel use, and other functions are recorded on a truck’s black box and can offer insight into what happened before a truck accident occurred.
The records kept in compliance with these regulations can be used as evidence in your truck accident case to identify potential safety violations.
Hire a Lakeland Truck Accident Attorney
The path to fair compensation begins with an initial consultation with an attorney at Dismuke Law. We can talk to you about the circumstances surrounding your accident, explain your options, and help you make the right choice about pursuing a claim or lawsuit.
Decades of Experience
Dave has dedicated 15 years and a significant portion of his practice to auto accidents and has well-trained staff in place to help you.
We Treat Clients with Excellent Personal Service, Respect & Dignity
Our core belief is that every detail must be studied, that every adversary must be out prepared and outworked and that every client must be treated like they are family.
Personal Injury is All We Do
Dave is a Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer and focuses his practice on automobile accidents.
Dave and his staff worked hard for me and always did what was in my best interest.- Rena S.
Dismuke Law is who I will use for the rest of my life. Definitely worth the phone call!- Shawn B.
Dismuke Law is the first place we would call. They did not disappoint!- Daniel R.
Dismuke Law delivered the results I was hoping for.- Jessie S.
I would highly recommend Dismuke Law to anyone in need of a personal injury lawyer.- Courtney A.
$10 Million Judgment - Polk County
Judgment of $10 million for a client due to injuries sustained in an auto accident.
$7.25 Million Jury Verdict - Polk County
Polk County jury awards judgment for wrongful death case.
$1.1 Million Settlement - Hillsborough County
Wrongful death auto accident settlement for $1,100,000.
$800 Thousand Auto Accident Settlement - Hillsborough County
Attorney David C. Dismuke negotiates a settlement in disputed causation surgery.
$754 Thousand Auto Accident Settlement - Hardee County
Attorney David C. Dismuke obtains a verdict in Hardee County.